McMInnville Recycled Arts and Sustainable Living Festival
June 5, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
One event on June 5, 2022 at 10:00 am
The McMinnville Recycled Arts and Sustainable Living Festival invite you to this year’s event Saturday, June 4, 10am – 7pm, and Sunday, June 5, 10am- 4pm at the Yamhill County Fairgrounds.
The two-day Festival sponsored by Zero Waste McMinnville moved to the Fairgrounds this year to expand its offerings. It will be inside and behind the Leslie Lewis Pavilion.
The Festival will feature the work of more than 40 regional artists who use upcycled materials to make their creations which are available for sale.
Participating artists use wood, fabric, metal, jewelry, and other odds and ends that many people consider useless. Prices range from $1 to more than $1,000.
In addition, other participants will demonstrate ways for you to move to a more sustainable lifestyle, including opportunities to purchase personal toiletries and household cleaning supplies.
Special activities include:
• Zero Waste McMinnville will present its annual Compostpalooza in the outdoor area. Come learn more about composting! Find out an EASY way to feed your garden wonderful nutrients from compostable items from your kitchen without the need for a large compost pile or bin. And come pet the farm animals!
• The Plastics Recycling Project, sponsored by the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of McMinnville Social and Environmental Justice Committee will hold a plastics collection drive. They will collect clean plastics, sorted and grouped by number, in grocery bags. The fee is $4 per bag to dispose of your recyclables that are not accepted by our local trash haulers.
• Come view and vote your appreciation for a Family Art Project! This was a community-wide offer in late April-early May to come to pick up a bag of mixed odds and ends from the 3rd Street Antique Mall, 3rd Street Bookstore, or from Hopscotch Toys. Then create a piece of art at home. These will be on display near the front entrance inside the Pavilion.
• Edible Landscapes of Yamhill County will offer free plants starts. Also, lots of information about growing food in your space even if it is small.
• Caesar the No Drama Llama will be available for hugs and photos for a few hours starting at 11am
Admission is free and the event is from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m. on Saturday and from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Sunday.
The fairgrounds are at 2070 NE Lafayette Street, McMinnville, just south of Oregon 99W. There is plenty of free parking.
Zero Waste McMinnville